Old 02-09-08, 08:45 PM
rodri9o
moar wine!!!

Bikes: Brigdestone RB-2 : Gunnar Roadie : Masi Gran Corsa : Gunnar Crosshairs : Specialized Stumpjumper (overseas)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
top tube internal cable routing: stop worn away

I have an older MASI 'Gran Corsa'. It is a Columbus steel frame with internal top tube routing for the rear brake. The frame was bought new in '95.

I rebuilt it back up for riding and have noticed that where the rear brake cable housing comes out of the rear portion top tube it has begun to creep into the little tube that runs inside the top tube for the internal cable routing, and the rear brake is getting more and more slack (that's how I noticed it, really). Looking in the routing tube running through the top tube, there s a stepped end on each end, the the rear one of kind of beaten up.

So, now, all I can do is drill/file out the step on each end and run cable housing all the way through the tube, or get it repaired/painted which is not in the budget at the moment.

Sticking with opening up the stepped end of the internal routing tube, how can I be sure the cable housing will fit in through the entire length of that internal cable routing tube?