View Single Post
Old 02-10-08, 05:35 PM
s0crates

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Ah very cool to find this forum seems there are a few Miami commuters here. Many thanks Sidewalk Samurai for the link to this post, very cool. Yes I read the article in the times and at least it got people talking. I'm glad for that, because in the comments section I saw there were a lot of people talking but no organization. To that end I started a forum to unite everyone in Miami in a virtual place since transportation is such an issue. I'm glad I did this since there seem to be some real interested people in making a difference. I plan to eventually extend this to a critical mass (or an amalgamation of the few critical masses already present?) and eventually to a protest in city hall. I hope this will help. Also in my website I listed some tips on complaining to the government (it's as easy as writing an email). I figured as soon as enough people get on the Director of the Public Works dept's case then he or she is going to do something about it. Let's see what happens, and if you're interested in joining us, like all critical masses, all we need are people with bikes, so come on over! Check out my signature for the website.

Cheers,
Richard (South Miami commuter)