VeloVeg
Savor the journey

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by valygrl
Hey, VeloVeg,
If you like being in the mountains, I'm not sure why you are dropping out of them at Salida and coming up the east side of the front range. (maybe you said, visiting?)
Valygrl,

Thanks for the great information. Your 2005 tour looks fantastic. Yes, we have chatted a bit in the month or so. If I remember, you said you were doing Southern Utah in the Spring, Colorado in July, then WY, MT after that.

You guessed it--I'll be cutting across the front range to visit family in the metro area, then heading north again to the RMNP and continuing from there. If I could I'd take your suggested route. But family is everything!

The ride from Pagosa Springs to Gunnison I believe will be inspiring, from what you've said. Can't wait.

I know about the afternoon precipitation at the passes. As I gained elevation climbing Cottonwood Pass I ran into rain, which turned into sleet, and finally snow squalls. I was shivering non-stop on the descent to Buena Vista. It was an awesome climb though. If you haven't done Cottonwood (12,126'), put it on your list. You'll love it. Oh, and do it from west to east.

BTW, thanks for the heads-up on the book. I just ordered it from REI.

All the best,