Lincoln, CA

Bikes: 94 Giant ATX 760, 2001 Biachi Eros, 2005 Giant OCR2 Composite +

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 1 Post
Continued trouble with my Plantaris

NOTE THE DATE OF THE ORIGINAL POST

I have posted here recently about my new riding group, now that I have moved from Quincy, CA to Lincoln, CA. The new group of 55+ riders challenges me with speed and hills. I was excited about getting in better shape. But in recent weeks I not only felt I was not improving but was actually getting slower.

Some history: In 2005, on the first day of the 7-day AIDS/LifeCycle from SF to LA, I injured/strained my plantaris tendon. It's the one that runs from behind the knee down the back of the calf. It is apparently useless, except to slow down tennis players, football players and bike riders. Some inspired taping allowed me to finish the 7 day ride with relative ease. In the illustration below, it's "I", the fourth one down on the left, if you can' read it.

I seemed to have strained it again, probably trying to keep up with my new group. It's not really painful, but seems to make my leg feel very tired. I crawl up hills and can't keep up on flat ground. No power.

I have a doctor's appt soon, and hope to get some treatment and prevention advice, which I will pass on. I am wondering if anyone else has experienced this and what, if anything, helped.
'05 Giant OCR Llimited Carbon Fiber + upgrades

Last edited by Mojo Slim; 05-29-08 at 11:42 AM.