Old 02-13-08, 01:03 PM
folder fanatic
Banned.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
I thought that I might resurrect this old thread and let all of you know the status of my new computer. I have decided to let my mechanical engineer sister do the actual purchase. But with all of your suggestions and guidance, I still have a strong imput to the purchase of this device. Here is the dream computer she wants for herself:

http://www.dell.com/content/products/productdetails.aspx/inspndt_530s?c=us&cs=19&l=en&s=dhs&~tab=bundlestab

And a copy of her pleading e-mail to me:

"Looked into laptops -- the one you want is availableonly through Dell. To that, you have to add Apx $500for extras such as the printer, scanner, camera, powersupply. But look!

Link to a video of her choice in action-same link as above.

This desk top has nothing but the keyboard for thecats to throw up on, and for that you can place it onits side for storage leaving them nothing to barf on.My cats barf all the time but they have yet to barf onany electronics...Look at all the stuff you get on this desktop! Iwould buy one if I weren't so poor and I could get acopy of Office 2000 for my use..."

And the background of what is happening to her in her own life. She has come down with a serious eye problem (facing possible blindess) and has cataracts. Here in the U.S. with the for profit health system the way it is structured, she lost her job, her house, and her savings. She was once a proud professional. Now for reasons beyond her control, she is reduced to moving back in a overcrowded house in a high crime area she orignially escaped from and wait to see what comes. The poor girl cannot even afford this computer anymore like she once did. So if she can come up with solutions from protecting this dream machine from our out-of-control spoiled animals, I will go along with her choice. Not as giving in on my part-far from it-but as a means to help us both escape from our own bad situations. I think I want my new business to reflect helping, not hindering people. Perhaps with a good positive foundation like this to build on, I will pull myself up and take care of my sister and brother like I promised my father before he died.

Last edited by folder fanatic; 02-13-08 at 01:40 PM.