View Single Post
Old 02-16-08, 12:25 AM
solveg
Squirrel

Bikes: Borthwick Touring bike, 83 Schwinn Peloton, 94 Scott Cheyenne, ?? Bianchi Torino

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by neilfein
I just picked up a GPS, to replacy my dying cyclocomputer, and I'm quite happy with it. However, I'm intending to use the GPS mosly for longer rides.

The only thing I really need a computer for on short rides is to track the miles I've ridden. I'm thinking I'll get a small, cheap computer and mount it out of the way, possibly on the rear wheel with the computer mounted to the seatpost or the frame, sonce I would really just get a number off it once a week.

Can anyone recommend a cheap, sturdy, and small computer with a sturdy mount? Something built like a tank that i can permenantly mount to the bike would be best, I think.

Thanks!
They had a blow out sale on cheapie cyclometers last week. I picked up 6 of them for a couple bucks each. Haven't mounted any yet, so I can't give a critique.

I have a really cool one from the 80's which is an analog one. It's three wheels that rotate and track the miles. I mean, real little wheels! Like on a bike combination lock. You reset it by spinning the wheels to 0. It's pretty cool.