View Single Post
Old 02-17-08, 06:37 PM
roseskunk

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
help with my 20!?

hi folks- so i've got this raleigh twenty gathering dust. i recently bought a moulton and my money and energy have gone that way... so i'm trying to decide what i want to do with the twenty... she's missing the brakes but is otherwise all there. so i'm eother going to sell her off the way she is, or i'm going to do a cheap fix to get her running and i'm looking for opinions... i want to get alloy rims for it, would bmx rims be okay or is there a better option?

and then for brakes, i can spend 100 bucks for an sa three speed with a coaster brake- i still won't have a front brake- but i'd rather use the existing three speed, no coaster, but it's otherwise fine and i save 100 bucks... are there any existing brakes that will fit the twenty without frame mods? i do have the original fenders but might go with something newer and lighter... i know there's a lot out there about the twentys and i will look at them as well, but i just wanted some great opinions on this thing. i'll et pics up soon, i promise! thanks in advance.