Indy57b
Indy

Bikes: Raleigh SP1000 Titanium, Specialized Roubaix

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Help ID this Raleigh

I bought this bike for $200 to be a second bike when the primary was in the shop. However, when I started riding this old Raleigh USA SP1000 Titanium, I fell in love with the ride, the speed and the responsiveness of the bike overall. It's going to be my primary bike now and I want to make it look a little prettier.

I am thinking of having the frame repainted but not as a Raleigh. The frame has a few paint chips here and there and if the forum doesn't think it a sin to repaint and not decal as a Raleigh, I'd love to hear your thoughts.

I think the bike was made in 1984. The sticker on the frame says Composite Reynols 753 Mang-Moly Titanium. The odd thing is the serial number on the bottom bracket was double stamped. It has a series of small numbers and over that there a shorter series of numbers in a larger font.

So, what do I really have here and how sacred is it, or not when it comes to just having a nice paint job applied to the frame and forgetting that it's a Raleigh? Obviously I'm not sure if I'm breaking a karmic rule or I wouldn't post this.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
SP1000 Titanium.jpg (56.9 KB, 23 views)
SP1000 Top Tube.jpg (34.4 KB, 19 views)
SP1000 Fork.jpg (50.4 KB, 15 views)