View Single Post
Old 02-21-08, 10:51 PM
natelutkjohn
Cheesmonger Extraordinair

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I was recently pulled by a cop for turning left in the left turn lane - he didn't like it and told me I was wrong. Well I made the mistake of telling him he was wrong and the sh-poo hit the fan from there... he threatened to confiscate my bicycle (my only vehicle mind you) because it was not registered. I was upset and told him that was not in the law (apparently in my state it is not the law, but city to city it can be) and he got more upset - thankfully I got away with my bike - loaded with a week worth of groceries and he didn't want to deal with that - I got home and found out that the only violation that they can take your bike for in my city is no registration! So needless to say, all my bikes are registered, a big F-U to the local cops who do not know the bicycle laws - which do state that I am supposed to be in the left lane for a turn in a multiple lane road. They really should advertise that stuff

Of course the registration process was completely by the honor system - no one even came out (both times, 2 bikes) to verify that the bike was what I said it was before I put the sticker on it. Makes the whole process pretty pointless - just an excuse to confiscate when the cop feels that he isn't getting the "bow down" respect he wants

Last edited by natelutkjohn; 02-21-08 at 10:57 PM.