View Single Post
Old 09-14-04, 07:19 PM
Rick O'Getti

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanks for bringing back great memories... A group of (4) of us from VA and MD went up and had a great time... First-time century for three, 2nd for me... All of us finished together (two of us waited in various places for the other two... you might have seen us sitting on a curb in Manhattan eating bagels and drinking regular coffee - meaning cream and tons of sugar!)... The cruise over the Brooklyn Bridge was priceless... Awesome view w/ the sunrise. Was surprised with the bike paths. I forgot the sun block, but did not really need it anyway -- lots of shade. Hit 28+ mph on the velodrome - what a blast, and thoroughly enjoyed every inch of the ride... Could have done it twice! Also enjoyed the people I met, including (2) fantastic ladies from MD!

BTW... you boys and girls that did it on MTN bikes and single-speeds really impressed me!

No pains, no stiffness, no nothin'... Just great pictures from the World's Fair park in Queens, and good memories of a ride that will become a tradition for us!

I "heart" NYC! You people are fantastic!!!!!!

BTW... This is not an event to hammer... too many s-l-o-w sections... Just take it easy and drink in the sights, sounds and eclectic-ambiance that is NY.

GREAT JOB to the transalt.org group for putting on a super event.