Old 02-27-08, 05:35 AM
Andrea Men

Bikes: Pegoretti, Brompton, Pashley, Paul Smith by Mercian, Cannondale, etc.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanks from BROOKS

Thanks to everybody for your messages, but please STOP SENDING SAMPLE REQUESTS, as the response to my posts on different secions of the forums was far beyond my expectations, receiving over 200 sample requests in less than 1 day.

It is therefore quite difficult to respond to all of you with a personal message. I apologize for this, but promise that I will ask to craft 30 or 40 samples instead of just 10, so you might have a higher chance to be included in the focus group.

Those who sent me a PM will receive a reply soon, but I beg for your understanding if it is not possible to write a personal response to all of you.

If you still want to share your opinions on this topic, please feel free to do it, and I'll try to read them all. The attached picture shows me on the left (I am a man!) and Eric on the right while crafting the first samples in November 2007. The other image shows one of the pages of the 1890 Brooks cataloge, where the Imperial, Climax, Long Distance and many more saddles with "registered cutting" are featured.

It is great to take part to these forums!

It is not the name of Brooks which makes the saddle good,
but the saddle, and its excellence, that makes the name supreme.
(The Brooks Book for Cyclists, 1912)