View Single Post
Old 02-28-08, 01:22 AM
masiman

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 1 Post
Originally Posted by Coyote2
Why would you worry? My assertion is that (1) I would not refund money to someone who had not purchased anything from me, and (2) I think good customer service starts with selling a good product and delivering it to the paying customer rather than to a random non-payer.

What objections can possibly be raised?
Exactly the point, nothing about satisfying the customer after a problem arises. And I think that is the point others were trying to make about what defines customer service. Any schmo can sell a product to someone, heck they even have machines that do that, literally .

Everything you have written points to a bean counter. At the end of the day bean counting keeps the business running but I suspect you would need a front person in your operations. Someone to put a nice face on that storefront. Someone with charisma and personality. I'm not saying that there are not customers out there that would like your manner. It's just that there are very few markets I know where standoffish attitudes are good for sales.

I think if I had you on the other end, I would have less chance of getting satisfaction. To the customer, that is all that matters.