outdoornut
Because I am !

Bikes: 05' Giant AC and Specialized Hardrock Sport Disc

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by rankin116
I don't get it. You can't ride them anymore?

No mountain bikes (mechanized devises), are allowed in area's established as "Wilderness" areas such as Otter Creek Wilderness, Cranberry Wilderness, Dolly Sods Wilderness. They are pushing to establish thousands more acres of Wilderness in WV, although not right around Snowshoe or ERTC, yet these establishments (supposedly mountain bike oriented) chose to support the effort to push mountain bikers off of the trails noted in the bill.

I can see why Snowshoe doesn't really care if everything around them is wilderness. They could only hope that so more people would pay to ride thier trails. However I can think of some reasons why none of these proposed wilderness areas are around them $$$$ ?

Of course you can still ride in the Slatyfork area or Snowshoe as far as that is concerned, that is not on the proposal, however why would you want to support a business that helps to take away other trails from mountain bikers and your family and also eliminate events that have been held for years. Check out the other links on wvmba.com for the details. IMBA and WVMBA have been attempting to work out a better plan "National Scenic Area" or another classification that would allow mountain bikes to keep riding trails in those proposed areas.

ODN