View Single Post
Old 03-05-08, 10:14 AM
Caferacernoc

Bikes: Schwinn Traveler, Chimo Concourse, Next mountain bike, all crap!

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
I am 39. I like old stuff and I like to tinker. I like the purity of design, craftsmanship, and the style of the older stuff. In many cases you also learn that there are real advantages to the way things used to be made. Performance and longetivity. I hate our disposable society. But back to bikes. I have always liked speedy mechanical devices and also rock music. I play guitar. I was in my formative early teens in the early eighties so everything that was cool to me was many times from the '70's or even '60's. My dad had a state of the art "hi-fi" from the sixties with tubes. A Schwinn Continental from about 1972 with a leather seat. Many cool cars from the '60's and '70's. There were all kinds of awesome motorcycles from the '70's back then. It stuck. I like caferacer style motorcycles. Hot rods. Sports cars. Tube guitar amps. Record players. Things made out of wood. Lean and mean looking steel lugged racing bicycles....... All the good stuff. I like to rebuild, customize it all too.
This kind of "lifestyle" just suits me.