Old 03-06-08, 08:18 AM
WonderMonkey

Bikes: 2011 Cannondale Quick 5, 2014 Raleigh Revenio 2.0

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 80 Post(s)
Liked 66 Times in 36 Posts
Originally Posted by wrobertdavis
I bet if you ride 5 days/week at any time, vs. 4 days/week at an optimum time, you'll lose more weight with 5 days/week. Focus on exercising regularly and how much you eat. You can get more scientific and precise when you are training, as opposed to trying to lose weight. I lost 35 pounds by riding a bike when I felt like it and going however long I wanted to. I did it because it was fun and I enjoyed it. The weight came off steadily over a 1 year period. My daughter, who is a driven triathlete, was amazed at how many miles I did in one year.

Bob
It would come down to HOW more effective that four days is, if any. It would be interesting to find out. Recently (about a month ago) I started doing 40 minutes of exercise a day (work days) no matter what it was or what time of the day. I walk, bike, jog, etc. but 40 minutes. As you mention consistency is the goal. I chose 40 minutes because that is what I can get in on a slightly extended lunch hour with changing, cleaning up, etc.

I think for me to prove it to myself I'm going to have to ride in the morning for a week or so, then switch to a later time in the day. Not very scientific but maybe I can detect an acceleration in weight loss that is significant enough to convince me. Hell it might be that exercising first thing suppresses my appetite a bit for breakfast and THAT is what does it. No matter, as long as it does the trick.