Old 03-07-08, 08:49 PM
brakemeister
New usename ThorUSA

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hi Invisible
yes of course you are right ..in a perfect world.... however in our industry shop stores as already handled by Specialized or Trek have a huge negative stigma. They basically kill the IBD ( independent Bicycle Dealer ) The I ( as in Independent goes away with a factory store )
The Independance however is the real pride of any store owner . Hardly anybody does it for the money alone .... Now you have the factory sponsorig a store and basically goes AGAINST the Dealers ( becomes a competitor )
Trek and Specialized might ( I say MIGHT ) have the deep pockets in the marketing department to have a few of those factory stores . Dahon does not have the coin to do anyhting like that. Yes they are the biggest folding bike company ... but that is chicken fee against the big guys ...

Lets play devils advocate ... I was at the Chicago boat show ...... I made crossposting advertising all over the place ...... I had several new bikes there to look at and maybe even ride down the aisles.
I was in the heart of chicago ( at the NAvy pier, a cool place to visit all by itself , even in Januar)
Anyhow the entry fee was only 12 dlr ....

You should think that somebody would have come and visit .. NAH not one soul ... Just thousands and thousands of boaters of course....

If really a factory store would be so sought after than 12 bucks would not stop folks to find out about new stuff months before the rest of the world .. r

right ?
Thor