RonH
Life is good

Bikes: 2018 Lynskey Helix Pro

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 522 Post(s)
Liked 10 Times in 10 Posts
Hi villiageidiot and welcome.

I usually stay seated when climbing unless the hill is extremely steep or I'm charging up the hill.

Stop by Intown Bicycles (near Virginia-Highland/Piedmont Park/Midtown) and say hello. We can offer you tips on riding and can tune up your bike when it needs it. We also have anything you'll need for the commute.

Things have been slow since November so I've only been working a few days a month. Once I start back semi-full time (I'm 63 and semi-retired) I'll be doing my 8+ mile commute (from North DeKalb Mall area to the bike shop).

What part of town are you riding from/to?

I see you posted in the A&S forum about bike classes offered by the Atlanta Bicycle Campaign (ABC). I'm one of the instructors. There are one or two others on here who are also instructors with ABC. Maybe you'll be in one of my classes.

Be sure you stop by the Southeast regional subforum and introduce yourself to the locals in the Atlanta/Decatur thread.

I am a cyclist. I am not the fastest or the fittest. But I will get to where I'm going with a smile on my face.