cc_rider
Calamari to go

Bikes: Trek 750

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
ATTENTION - Mid-Atlantic Forum Discussion

Since the regional forum system was set up, there has been an ongoing discussion about having a Mid-Atlantic forum. The states around the Chesapeake Bay tend to see themselves as a coherent region, with common interests. Distinct from the southeast of Florida, Georgia and the Carolinas, and distinct from the northeast of New Jersey, New York and New England. The current division between northeast and southeast occurs at the Potomac River and splits the Washington, DC area in two. Postings of interest to riders in the region are often posted in one forum (missing the other) or in both (double posting) or for lack of a better home, in one of the non-regional forums (commuting, road, etc.) Talk of having a separate forum has been going on for over a year. The Mid-Atlantic roll-call has grown to nearly two hundred names.

I think it is time that we decide what we want. To keep the structure the same or ask for a change.

The BF administrator has asked that we get a consensus on:
1) if we want a separate Mid-Atlantic forum,
and if yes,
2) what geographic area that forum would cover.

I'd like invite everyone concerned to discuss, express their opinions, say yay or nay. Please keep posts polite and to the topic. Since this proposal affects two existing forums, I'm double posting this in both northeast and southeast. Please join in either or both threads (I'd like to do it all in one thread, but we don't have a forum for it yet )

The goal is to discuss and get to some consensus.

I'll throw out the first pitch....

My preference would be a separate forum covering Virginia, DC, Maryland, and Delaware. This would be a clean break along state border lines. Since I live 10 miles as the wheel rolls from the Potomac River, the current split has been more than a little inconvenient. My regular riding range goes from the Shenandoah Valley to Baltimore, Fredericksburg to Gettysburg. I would still visit other forums, particularly northeast and great lakes, but I'd like a forum that I can call home.