mwrobe1
Code Warrior

Bikes: Schwinn MTB/Raleigh Marathon

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by viros20
I read in a cycling book that it was ok to pop a IBU or other pain reliever on days you felt you needed to.

Ive been commuting 24 round trip daily and my 2nd part time job at a retail store has me standing and walking around for close to 5 hours. To top it off im usually geting 5-6 hours of sleep and some days i wake up with my legs hurting alot more than other days and a pain pill for those tough days getting out of bed sounds like it may not be so bad.
Maybe a couple times a month...I pop a Motrin 800, mostly to dull soreness in my legs.

But seriously...how long has this been going on? (i.e. the standing and walking around for 5 hours + bike commuting?) You should get an hour more of sleep every day than what you're getting...that'll help. Having a rest day (from the bike) might help. And (some may disagree with me here) cutting out or cutting down foods with high sugar content will help with muscle soreness as well.

Jake: Hit it.