View Single Post
Old 03-12-08, 11:26 PM
humblerider

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Trek 6500

Last summer bought myself '07 Trek 6500. Absolutely in love with that hardtail - very stiff and light. I am not a professional (more like a beginner rookie) and mostly ride my bike on the steets & sometimes take it to a trail (no jumps obviously
Trek 6500 came with Hayes Sole hydraulic brakes which leaked fluid after a few month and i was thinking of changing my brake set to something else for upcoming summer. I really like the looks of those big routers that you see on DH bikes and i was thinking of getting them. I would probaly gonna have to chance my whole brake set since Hayes Sole supports only 6" routers. Any good adivse? I know it sounds kind of useless but i'm kind of a fashion person and disk brakes always are eye candy to me.

I ride my 6500 in all weather conditions snow, rain, mud or sunny doesn't matter to me but i take good care of my bike.

Oh and another thing my fork is Manitou Slate Comp w/preload, lockout, 100mm - don't know much about this shock but i would like to know if doing endos would damage it. Like to shift my weight on to the front tire when i brake lifting up the rear tire off the ground. Would that screw up my current brakes & fork?

Thanks in Advance for your respod