View Single Post
Old 04-12-02, 04:04 PM
Chris L
Every lane is a bike lane

Location: Gold Coast, Queensland, Australia - passionfruit capital of the universe!
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked 13 Times in 9 Posts
Originally posted by AutoAudio
Riding up hill sucks, riding down hill is a blast, wind is a pain in the butt, unless its in your favor.
This I cannot understand. The best places to ride all have hills, and plenty of them. Hills are what provide scenery. I prefer climbing because I can really attack as much as I want on a climb, while a descent means I have to be watching my speed, lest some idiot in the council decides to put a sharp corner at the bottom of a 22% hill.

As far as wind goes, there is nothing better than a nice seabreeze on a stupidly hot day if one is riding into it (I know).

Originally posted by AutoAudio

Riding on roads with cars isn't as scary as i thought, dogs can be a pain, people dont pay you much attention in cars, and i think some try to see just how close they can get to you with out actually hitting you.
I find a little anti-motorist bigotry to be extremely useful here. I'm not talking about trying to physically attack cars, but I generally don't assume motorists have any intelligence at all until it is conclusively proven beyond all doubt. This doesn't happen very often.

That is all.