alicestrong
Pedal pusher...

Bikes: I've got a bunch...

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by prendrefeu
It's all a matter of making a (brave?) break in the downward spiral of the dependency on the automobile has put us in and making an active effort into an upward spiral (alternative transport, environmentally clean means of transportation) that would ultimately help and solve many problems:
-Metro's Budget
-LA (and vicinity) air quality
-Respect and resources for all cyclists of all types
-Increased community involvement (mass transit, cycling, and walking promote community involvement and interaction - which (as proven worldwide) leads to a reduction in crime and an increase in the quality of living)...

Everything is related! It's all a matter of seeing these connections, making those in charge aware of these connections and the necessity in addressing the issues NOW.
Hey Alex

First off thanks for bringing Ride-Arc to LA. It's a very unique, community building, two-wheeled experience.

Also I know you are down at the LACBC offices putting your time in there, too.

So...I'm curious, in your opinion what is the number one most pressing need facing cyclists in Los Angeles today?

Also, as far as cycling advocates/activists in other cities in the United States, whose contribution do you admire?

Lastly, anything to add to the very active discourse going on over at CICLE?