Old 03-14-08, 11:19 AM
tealeaves

Bikes: 1979 Schwinn Spitfire 5

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hello From Seattle!

Hello there folks. I came accross this forum while searching for information on fixed gears. I plan on building my first with my tax return [which was deposited today, yeah!]. I've been riding since I was a wee lass, I've actually never learned to drive a car. I have a 1979 Schwinn Spitfire 5 which I used to ride to work when I lived in the 'burbs but she's waaay too heavy for these steep Seattle streets. Luckily there's a great bike scene here with activities going on all the time... it makes me anxious to get things going that much faster so I can get in on the action. I've made plenty of new bike savvy friends who are going to give me a hand getting my new baby together but in the mean time I'm spending all my spare time at work here, learning as much as I can. This will be a great place to document the process and get feedback. I am new to fixed gears, and the technical aspects of bikes actually, haha. Well, I guess that's it. I look forward to becoming a part of this little community. I'll leave you with a picture of my Spitfire the day I got her.

Sarah