Old 03-16-08, 09:25 PM
Wogster

Bikes: Old Bike: 1975 Raleigh Delta, New Bike: 2004 Norco Bushpilot

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Originally Posted by bdinger
I have not, but that sounds like a rather interesting read, to say the least!

And yes, it's sometimes really kind of counter-intuitive to eat MORE to lose weight. I know when someone told me to do so, I was absolutely terrified. But sure enough, it would "shock" my system into getting the numbers I wanted.

Oh, and I really want to make clear that you should eat GOOD calories. Obviously a donut binge every day is not the same as adding 600 calories of chicken and pasta...
One needs to really watch what they eat, when they eat out. Here in Canada, there is a TV program called Marketplace, it's a CBC program, and has been on for years and years this past week, they looked at so called "healthy food" at chain restaurants, you would be shocked how easy it is to use up your entire allotment of calories in a single meal, not to mention getting well over your daily allotment of fat and sodium. If you click the link, it will be the top story, unril Wednesday, then it will be one of the also ran stories along the side.

If you like to eat out, read the story, Canadian or American, while the restaurant names may be different, the menus in US restaurants are very similar, and may be just as bad, if not worse.