Old 03-17-08, 06:08 AM
charly17201

Bikes: RANS Formula LE, Giant Escape 1

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Northwestrider
I ride all year long, but as mentioned above, I also do not ride on snow or ice. I will wear a full face mask when the temp gets much below about 40 F. When it's raining I'll wear just one long sleeve shirt plus a wind breaker as I know I'll be wet no matter what I do. Just in case I flat, I carry a dry shirt. My hands tend to get cold so in addition to warm gloves I cover them with a wind resistant shell. My feet are kept dry as possible with a small neoprene covering. The biggest problem for me when it rains, is seeing through my clear set of glasses, but I seem to manage. Now this is important :-) some of my most fun rides have been when it is pouring rain.
As long as I'm not cold, I don't mind being wet. I didn't mention previously that I do still have my 'old' Hind GorTex suit from years ago with my DF. These days they're funky looking, but the gortex does still work well. I was only concerned when I first used them because the back of the tights and the jacket don't have gortex. But, they still work great on the 'bent.