View Single Post
Old 03-17-08, 07:07 PM
homeslice

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
My return to single speed....

After ten years off from the good old days with the bmx bike, I've decided to get back into riding and a single speed road bike looks like the choice for me. I never even knew folks were riding road bike and moutnain bikes with only one gear till about 4 days ago and my first reaction was "What in the f$%^**********?" So he elaborated by explaining how trends in the riding industry come and go and ss/fixies are it right now (after a quick roll of the eyes). I nod my head in agreement over the "impracticality" of riding without gears, so I try out a few gear-biked test rides and leave the think it over. That night I research fixed/ss bikes and their purpose and the words I'm always getting are "hassle-free". This makes me think back to my days with the bmx bikes and later my days with the mountain bike. I remember just how much more time was spending making mounds of dirt to jumps unlike the time spending hours to days f@ckin with my gears to the mountain bikes. That pos found the trash real quick. Now the time's come to choose another funcycle and there's no doubt that I'm getting a single speed. As far as the fixed coaster, not a chance in hell (at least for now).

P.S. Nothing hurts more in life than a kickback to the shins.