mtnmn
Gravity Rocks

Bikes: 77 Raleigh Super Course, 08 Trek Madone 6.5

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by geosherman
The first climbs on the MC are the moderate ones. There is a small rise out of Las Virgenes and then a few downhill miles to the coast. Next comes the only flat - "relatively" - 7 or 8 miles to Topanga. Topanga and Old Topanga gain 1600 feet or so. I do not remember any steep sections, I remember that the grades were mostly in the 2% to 6% range. Then again it was the beginning of along day in the saddle!
.....You are now familiar with the challenge part; now just link the pleasant part and you will have ridden nearly all the good miles in the Santa Monica Mountains in a single day!
I'll second on your take, as I'd said earlier, now I've seen it all less 30 miles give or take an 1600'. But the challenge started at Decker. Hope to make the most of those initial miles not burn a lot of gas, max the flats, the lesser grades with good tempo riding and blast the downhills. Wish I could remember a Cold Creek. It was up Stunt, down Sheuren and ugly back over Piuma to Mulholland, did I sleeep through something

Well here's to as much intensity as the body will bear with long tempo rides to balance it out 'till then. See you in Apr.