View Single Post
Old 03-19-08, 05:12 PM
thebulls

Bikes: SOMA Grand Randonneur, Gunnar Sport converted to 650B, Rivendell Rambouillet, '82 Trek 728, '84 Trek 610, '85 Trek 500, C'Dale F600, Burley Duet, Lotus Legend

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Fueled by Boh
the axiom is attractive cause its waterproof, and i'd likely have atleast a camera and maybe a phone in it. on the other hand, it looks to be completely devoid of any external pockets which might end up nullifying some of its convenience.
OK, that Axiom looks a lot nicer than the cheapies.

I'd recommend that you always carry electronic stuff in its own plastic bags anyway -- if you open your lid in the rain to get out an energy bar, you don't want to fry your camera.

I really like the big side pockets on my Alta H-100. I put a 5oz bottle of Hammergel and an energy bar in the right-hand side and eat them as I go along. Then as I create trash, it all goes into the left-hand side.

The Alta has a big, main compartment with a slash pocket in the front where I stick miscellaneous small things that I want to be able to grab quickly, like the camera. It has a medium-sized zipper pocket in the front where I stick stuff like wallet and phone that I'll only need if I'm not riding. It's really hand to have some pockets.