View Single Post
Old 04-14-02, 01:55 AM
Coffee

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I must grab me a pair of those shorts, I hear its a must have for serious riders.
I'm going to play around with my seat adjustments and see whats best cause I got a little numb in the private area at one point today on a 10mi ride hehe.
Thnx a ton for responding and have a wonderful night!

Originally posted by martin
Good shorts help a lot. I've been building my time in the saddle up over the past month and worked up to 36 miles every day now with low gears and a lot of spin. I plan on increasing the mileage to 50 every day and then on reducing my time. My eventual goal is to be grinding 50 miles out every day in the highest gear ratio at 80 to 90 rpm.

I found that what was originally a comfortable setup for the bike didn't really work for longer rides.

I ended up with a new saddle to help with the pain and really had to fine tune the saddle height and fore/aft positioning to eliminate foot numbness and knee pain.

Another thing I learned is that for me a firm, flat, narrow saddle with a slight love channel works best for the long rides. The Selle Italia Fluid saddle fits me perfect and required no breakin period.