View Single Post
Old 03-24-08, 01:24 PM
DogBonz

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I know that this is an old thread, but...

I just had to chime in here because I built up my Klein Adriot last summer and since then I have ridden it all summer, fall, winter, and now into this spring. I have never been more impressed by a mountain bike in the 15 years that I have been riding. This thing climbs like the proverbial billy goat on speed. It handles like it is on rails and is as precise as a scalpel. It puts power to the ground and accelerates like a big block Chevy with race slicks. It just feels like this bike wants you to go faster and turn tighter.

Yes, the ride can be a bit harsh, but come on, itís a hardtail. If you accept that fact and work with the bike, pick a good line and keep the cranks turning you will be handsomely rewarded. Ever since assembling this frame I am much faster than I used to be and am now smoking my riding buddies, even the ones on full suspension bikes. I do ride in the north east, with tighter trails, that are more conducive to this type of bike, so that might be part of it, but regardless, I am faster.

Bike Set-Up:

1999 (I think) Klein Adroit frame (size M)
Manitou SX Carbon Fork
MC3 head set
TiTec Hell bent bars
SRAM X0 Drive train and shifters
Race Face XC crank
Avid speeddial TI levers
Avid single digit 7 brakes
Egg Beater candy TI pedals
Mavic Xmax rims
Thomson Seat Post
WTB Pro saddle Ti