Old 03-25-08, 03:21 AM
wahoonc
Membership Not Required

Bikes: Giant Excursion, Raleigh Sports, Raleigh R.S.W. Compact, Motobecane? and about 20 more! OMG

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Liked 15 Times in 14 Posts
Originally Posted by gpsblake
wahoonc,

I'll agree that's bad. I've never seen that model at Walmart but I'm assuming that's where they are sold at. Did that horn come with it???

If I saw one like that at any store, I would immediately notify them to remove them from the shelf.
No the horn and flag (long white pole on the left rear) were add ons. The local WM's and the Super Kmart both carry this bike or one very similar to it. For whatever reason the Kmart one has a different name and chrome fenders. I did tell the store manager about the ones with the broken welds, but I am willing to bet that they are still on the rack. FWIW the plant has another slightly older fleet of Huffy Cranbrooks in black that are better built. I suspect that WM must have lowered the price point and the Chinese responded, with this being the end result. I have been riding and wrenching for over 35 years and this has got to be one of the cheapest built bicycles I have ever seen. Every year it seems they stoop to a new low...wonder what next year will bring?

Aaron

ISO: A late 1980's Giant Iguana MTB frameset (or complete bike) 23" Red with yellow graphics.

"Cycling should be a way of life, not a hobby.
RIDE, YOU FOOL, RIDE!"
_Nicodemus

"Steel: nearly a thousand years of metallurgical development
Aluminum: barely a hundred
Which one would you rather have under your butt at 30mph?"
_krazygluon

Last edited by wahoonc; 03-25-08 at 05:32 AM.