Old 09-27-04, 06:28 AM
AmyEAtsCrayons

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hello from Victoria and Can Someone Help Me Out??

Oh hey. I just registered here because I am looking for a stolen bike registry.
My son's bike was stolen almost three years ago. We didn't put through an insurance claim becaue we didn't have the receipt and serial number at the time and it really wasn't worth the hassle of actually processing the claim.
Well yesterday I was cleaning out old receipts.. and lo and behold there was the receipt. I decided to call the police just out of curiousity to see if a bike with that name had been turned in, and was quite surprised to find that the serial number of the bike was ALREADY called in as stolen by someone ELSE.
Now I am waiting for a phone call from the local RCMP detachment. I have TWO people only that I think stole the bike as we had been hit two nights in a row, and whoever broke in knew our alarm code, our reoutine and our house. (Thankfully I didn't explain exactly how the motion part of the alarm worked, and it picked them up before they could punch in the code..)
My question that I have. If the person that reported the bike stolen, gives me the name of the person or place where they purchased the bike, and it is one of those two people, could they be questioned, and could they take prints off from them and run them to see if they match the prints in my house??
I know I won't get the bike back now, but I would like to see the person get charged with theft.
Is there a way to track such things??
Thanks!