Shredding Grandma!

Bikes: I don't own any bikes

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by zonatandem View Post
Spring? Only 84 degrees at noontime.
Wildflowers/roses/irises/cacti blooming; no rain, windy, sunshine . . . Heck them's summer temps for some you folk!
First 100 degree day is 'bout 6 weeks away . . .
Of course the AZ guy beat me to it. Here in California we've already hit Summer. This past weekend, well over 90 degrees and smoggy even along the beaches. We have had however, just about the most beautiful wild flower bloom (poppies, lupine, flax, phlox, yarrow, red maid, windmill pinks, fiddlenecks, phacelia, you name it... ). I'm just sad the hot weather is going to dry it all up. I have some nice photos I'll post later plus I am doing a wildflower hike tomorrow afternoon.

Also weird here in the southwest. We definitely have a fall and a winter but spring, fleeting and short, too short!!! Flower season starts in January and usually ends by April. Just in time for dry, hot heat, and everything turning brown.

Private docent led mountain bike rides through Limestone Canyon. Go to letsgooutside.org and register today! Also available: hikes, equestrian rides and family events as well as trail maintenance and science study.