View Single Post
Old 03-27-08, 09:35 AM
cierrecart

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by stewardmike03
+100 on losing the cranks...you really want an integrated spider. The forks DO look to be bent from a front end collision. Look at the angle of the steer tube in relation to the vertical section before the bend. Not worth a dental visit. Check it really well before committing, it could just be the angle of the shot. Otherwise seems a fine cantidate for a fixed gear conversion.
I believe it's just a slight shadow across the crown of the fork making it look slightly askew. I see what you're saying, but like I said, I checked it out and everything appears straight and true. I don't see any creases or bends in the steerer tube, and there is no cracking or seperation in the welds where the steerer meets the crown, or where the blades meet the crown. The bars were turning freely and smoothly as well. I guess it could just be slightly shoddy construction from the factory. I do notice that the top tube has a miniscule bend where it meets both lugs, so who knows.

The bike seems sound and rideable, so I'll just chalk it all up to adding a bit of character.

Last edited by cierrecart; 03-27-08 at 09:46 AM.