Allister
Devilmaycare Cycling Fool

Bikes: 1998 Cannondale F700

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by bikeforumlegs
Obviously someone dying in an accident is tragic, and I agree that this article does not at all explain what the full situation was, but I am inclined to believe that the car was not at fault if the Police say the car was not at fault.
You're new here, so I'll let this one slide. But for future reference, here in the Safety and Advocacy forum the general philosophy is that the driver is always at fault, and the police have a barely concealed vendetta against cyclists and will say it's the cyclist's fault, even if it isn't.

But seriously, the newspaper article is next to useless for forensic analysis, but as far as I can tell, that's not their point. All a news service does is say that a thing has happened, not how or why, nor is it's job to suggest solutions or offer condolences, or even point out the moral of the story (in the rare event that there is one). It is voyeurism, pure and simple. Only a very small percentage of the news could be considered necessary information, and most of that is in the weather report. The rest simply plays up to our perverted desire to revel in the misfortune of others simply so that advertisers can try to induce me into buying their wares.