View Single Post
Old 03-28-08, 04:04 PM
late

Mentioned: 130 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12185 Post(s)
Liked 1,492 Times in 1,104 Posts
Originally Posted by Jtgyk
*I'm 6' tall and the standover is close but still ok.

*Got a good bikeshop and will be getting said tune up as a matter of course. Cleaning the bike before taking it in is a habit of mine. (same as taking a shower before going to the doctor)

*Fits pretty well right now...but will probably have a fit done eventually at the LBS.

*Tires are still pretty new, but will eventually opt for a cushier ride.

*I'm not a fan of the downtube shifter myself....will be exploring options (have no problems with friction stem shifters).
Good,
just for giggles, this is what I'd do in roughly the order I'd do it. I usually have a spare Brooks kicking around, so on it would go. If the wheels weren't rock solid, I'd get new ones. There are lots of choices, which ones depends on your weight, budget, and preferences. I have Ambrosio Excellence rims on Ultegra hubs. Makes for a very attractive wheel that doesn't cost a ton. But there are literally a hundred other choices, if you get to that point do a post asking about it; and you will get 50 different options to pick from. Oh, I'd do the bar end shifters right off the bat. You can get NOS 8 speed stuff off Ebay cheap. I have a bunch of it in the cellar waiting for a frame like that.