Old 09-27-04, 10:15 PM
Ken_in_Michigan
Riding a '04 Rans V-Rex

Bikes: We have two '04 Rans V-Rexs.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
We have been riding the V-Rexes for about a month, and I have done an "Artie Johnson" (a slow fall to the side) three times. I never fell on the BikeE. The SWB V-Rex requires that I make two changes in my riding style. 1) Be very careful to keep my heels from rubbing the front tire while making slow speed tight turns, and 2) don't make high speed turns on soft soils (fine gravel over dry beach sand). But, without a doubt, I would never go back to the BikeE AT that I sold nor would I ever go back to one of the DFs I rode before the BikeEs. FYI, I weigh over 260# and am over 6"4" and 61, yet I can outride the young kids on their weggie seat DFs (not generally by my speed - we average around 12 mph on the rail-trails we ride) because when I ask them to go for a short ride of 25 to 35 miles they usually just roll their eyes and ask me if I an kidding and when they find out I'm not they beg off. Going to a recumbent saves not only your a$$ but it ends the cutting off of the blood supply to far more important genital regions. We always tell people who ask how our bents are to ride that if they ride one for five miles they will never want to get back on a DF again. Going bent has made it possible for us to keep riding, and actually has gotten me riding distances that when I was riding a DF I would have told you that you were nuts it you told me I would ride that far in a single day or even in a year. With the baby-boomers getting to the age were their knees and backs can't take the pounding that a DF inflicts, the sales or bents are increasing.