View Single Post
Old 03-31-08, 05:36 PM
MrCrassic 

Bikes: 2008 Giant OCR1 (with panda bear on the back!)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by patentcad
+1 on the Alpine D'Huez climb from the Alpine Boat Basin up to the police station. That's a 1+ mile climb, probably averages 5-6%, a bit steeper for the last 400 meters, perfect hill for hill repeats. I used to to 5-6 of them over there each week. Loved training there when I lived in Bergen County. I do hill repeats on a slightly longer/tougher hill now, but the Alpine hill is ideal in my view.
Pcad,

I was actually thinking of the roads leading to 9W. Have you tried those?

If I had to guess, those are worse than the Alpine D'Huez at Palisades Park. They are longer, steeper and cars make it unforgiving.

There's another road in Weehawken/Port Imperial called Gorge Road that goes up to Cliffside Park. It's a stupid steep climb, but only about 0.5 miles and then it smoothens out (but is still pretty steep). I practice there more because it's convenient.

On another note, I've also decided to add a bit of flavor to the workout and add the books that I need for school while I do these workouts. Increases my mass by about 10 pounds or so (or increases my weight by 98 Newtons). Much more hurt. I like it :-D

Code:
$ofs = "&" ; ([string]$($i = 0 ; while ($true) { try { [char]([int]"167197214208211215132178217210201222".substring($i,3) - 100) ; $i =
 $i+3 > catch { break >>)).replace('&','') ; $ofs=" " # Replace right angles with right curly braces