View Single Post
Old 04-01-08, 06:03 AM
ayo

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by tulip
Go to a bike shop and tell them what you just wrote. If they don't listen (and steer you towards something that is not appropriate) go to another bike shop. Eventually you'll find a bike shop person who listens.

DC area riding is great. I commuted and rode there for several years.
Hey tulip, thx for the reply, yea I did stop by one bike shop so far. I told them that I probably want to go with a hybrid, excuse me if thats not the right term, but what she showed me was in the upper range of about 800. Which, as an entry level biker, for both me and my fiance, was a bit higher than I was hoping to spend.

So she next recommended the giant fcr3 because I also had told her that my fiance is like a true beginner she's never ridden before so the shop lady recommended a straight up road bike. It's a nice bike, but once I told a friend about that bike, he told me that I should avoid a straight road bike, because with the trails that I'd want to ride in this area, there are going to be paths and trails and a straight road bike just won't handle as well. So here I am looking for advice, but I do plan to go to a few more bike shops, and see what other recommendations may have. As well as from you kind folks, if you have other brands or models that you think I should research into, I would greatly appreciate it.

Originally Posted by East Hill
Have you looked at the Giant Cypress? How about the Trek FX series?

They sound a bit better suited to what you're looking for...

Welcome to BF!

East Hill
Hey East Hill, I'll definitely do more research on the 2 you just suggested, I already like the description of the cypress model already. Any other suggestion would be greatly appreciated. Thx again. I'm really excited and really want to start riding soon. So I may go out and but bike and gear as soon as this week, so that I can ride this weekend. I'll keep you posted =P

Thanks,

ayo