View Single Post
Old 04-01-08, 10:52 AM
sprockets

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Ontario, Canada - GO Train question

I am thinking about moving closer to a GO Train station. I know that GO trains shameful position is as outlined below but I am curious as to how strictly they enforce this policy. Does anyone here make use of the GO Shame?

http://www.gotransit.com/PUBLIC/en/f...t.htm#Bicycles
Bicycles
When can I take a bicycle onto a GO Train or GO Bus?

You may take a bicycle on any GO Train on a Saturday, Sunday, or statutory holiday. On weekdays, due to rush-hour crowding, you may not take them on trains scheduled to arrive at Union Station between 6:30 and 9:30 a.m. or depart from Union Station between 3:30 and 6:30 p.m. Bicycles are also prohibited inside Union during those times. To see if your station has a bicycle rack, visit Stations and Stops.

Bicycles are not allowed on wheelchair-accessible train cars or on GO Buses (on the buses, a folding bicycle in a proper carrying case can be put in the underfloor luggage compartment if the bus has one).

Can I bring an electric bicycle onto a GO Train or GO Bus?

Power-assisted electric bicycles (e-bikes) that display a manufacturer’s label and meet federal motor vehicle safety regulations are permitted on GO Trains. Electric bicycles are subject to the same rules as conventional bicycles, as outlined above.

Where should I put my bicycle on the train?

Four bicycles fit on each regular GO railcar, two just inside each set of doors