littledog
Ya never know 'til ya try

Bikes: Schwinn Cruiser Deluxe Trek 820 MTB Trek 7300FX Hybrid

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by politicalgeek
Hopefully you are getting better. Did you get the plate numbers for any of these cars? Especially the one that hit you. Maybe hitting these people back where it hurts through fines and possible jail time for illegal actions may help. Consider talking with local police and city council to bring the issue to their attention. They might be able to pass tougher laws (I hope the driver that hit you at least stopped) or provide some greater degree of police presence or a deterrent. Here they have a state law that was strengthened to protect highway crews. The signs are very conspicuous reminding you of the fine and penalty if you injure or kill a worker.

I wouldn't get too discouraged, yet. Remember in a vehicle you are just as prone to injury.
The police were there and made out a police report. I haven't seen it yet.I I did get a lawyer.

Today I did call the taxi company and speak with the supervisor about what happened.

Tomorrow I am going to the police department and ask to speak to someone. The city is currently considering buying cameras to put at intersections where a lot of people run red lights as they are quite aware of the problem. Even so I will contact my alderman.

I have a very limited income as I live on a mental disability check. However I was able to work for 30 years so I make too much to qualify for most any kind of help like housing,energy assistance,food stamps,etc. ad nauseum.

So if I do move again all I could afford is basically what I have now-living in a depressed area of town. Walking in the winter and bicycle riding in warmer weather is what I enjoy the most. It enables me to function without medication,which did not work for me anyways.

A lot of landlords will not rent if the rent is more than 40% of your income without utilities. That is 550$ a month. Maybe a Cow Town somewhere would work. The isolation would be hard to deal with though.