View Single Post
Old 04-05-08, 05:39 PM
BluesDawg
just keep riding

Bikes: 2018 Black Mountain Cycles MCD,2017 Advocate Cycles Seldom Seen Drop Bar, 2017 Niner Jet 9 Alloy, 2015 Zukas custom road, 2003 KHS Milano Tandem, 1986 Nishiki Cadence rigid MTB, 1980ish Fuji S-12S

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 173 Post(s)
Liked 33 Times in 22 Posts
Originally Posted by maddmaxx
As near as I can tell from preliminary research, its a 25 to 30 year old Centurion Sport (read here, entry level) with a "High Tension" steel frame and all Suntour running gear. 10 speeds with stem shifters. Those may be the original tires.. The tires and tubes are dead, the running gear seems solid with some cable replacements necessary. There is minimal rust anywhere, just a little roughness in the paint at the bottom of the fork.

I think that after a little cleanup I might let oldest son buy it from me.... If it were mine.........well, I'm a restoration heathen. I'd go carbon on the fork, threadless on the headset, 28 spoke Maxx wheels..................................

I think "high tension" is code for cheap pipe. Looks like a good beater or fixie candidate, but I couldn't see investing much in upgrades for that frame. I like the accents on the lugs.