Machka 
In Real Life

Bikes: Lots

Mentioned: 141 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3203 Post(s)
Liked 596 Times in 329 Posts
Originally Posted by Catweazle
Whilst I'll express my support for the idea, though, I don't really think a facility like this is something which should be asked FOR or expected to be provided. Instead, it's something which a more experienced/longer serving participant in the section could simply take the initiative and start. All it takes is this:

• Spend a bit of time digging up mentions of the blogs you recall people here making in the past.
  • Create a thread which includes a reasonable selection of the 'better' links, maybe a mention of who posted them, and a very brief summary of each.
  • After making the initial post, make one or two 'Reserved' posts to allow for future expansion.
  • At practical intervals, go back and edit in mentions of other sites people have mentioned in posts to the topic, and which merit inclusion amongst the list. That keeps the list current.
  • An occasional 'Added new blog links' post restores the thread to attention, either via a 'New posts' listing if the thread has already been stickied or by restoring it to the top of the section index if it hasn't.

Should a thread such as that prove popular and useful, it'd surely end up stickied eventually, from merit.
As it happens, both options I'm requesting can only be done by a moderator or member of the forum personnel, not general members.

Option 1 is adding a thread to the subforum at the top of the touring forum (or modifying the title and purpose of the current, unused, thread there).

Option 2 is making a website/blog/etc. thread a sticky.

While I'd love to be able to do those things myself, I cannot.

And personally, I would prefer that people add their own links to website, blogs, etc., and if they make changes to their sites (i.e. adding a tour they have just completed), they can make the announcement themselves. I don't know that any of us has the time to monitor such a thread to ensure that it is accurate and up-to-date, etc.