View Single Post
Old 04-10-08, 05:12 PM
Koobers

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I just purchased an '08 Viper X, it's pretty descent for $190 bucks, I had a Viper when I was a kid, I think it was a '94-'95, I'm not sure. It was a good bike, I don't know if it's just me but the older one seemed lighter, maybe they are just better built then they used to be. When I got the first one I didn't know anything about BMX it just looked cool cause it was all chrome and I could afford it. It just so happens my style of riding was what it was built for. The only thing I don't like on the new one is that they took the front brake off, I guess you don't need em for racing but it would suit my purpose so I will add one. I also changed the seat out for a little bit longer one, I felt like I was too far forward and the rails are so small on the stock seat you can't move it back much. I also switched out the pedals for some more narrow ones, I always used to scrape the pedals on my old one and I hated it, I like the narrow ones much better. I never had a problem with the old one (except that my mom gave it to my brother when he went to college and he left it in the rain and let it get stolen,) I beat it up a lot and never had anything major go wrong, I'd recommend one.

Oh by the way can anyone recommend a good front brake for that bike, I just got back into this and I don't know what would work for it.