Old 04-14-08, 01:40 PM
Mr. Underbridge

Bikes: 2003 Giant OCR2

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by substance90
My brother will be going on vacation in germany in a few weeks, so he might buy me a bike.
The Gary Fisher Utopia seems nice! Any other suggestions with similar specifications?
And by the way, do you guys know any american bike selling site, that makes deliveries to PO boxes? And if they make international deliveries, then it`s even better!
EDIT: how much does a Fisher Utopia weight and what is the lowest price in the US?
According to Fisher's site:
*Prices are set by the individual dealers, but the MSRP is $880. Prices for current-year bikes probably don't vary much within a country. They don't seem to price the bike in Euros on their site, but from skimming dealers in Europe the price looks like it's higher in Euros, something like E799. You might be able to get a good deal on '07 bikes if you can find them.
*Frame's 1500g for a 17.5 inch variety - doesn't mention total weight. I'd imagine this will end up being fairly light for a bike with a suspension fork.
*I think that Fisher discourages dealers from shipping bikes generally, but if you're in a place that has no dealers perhaps they make exceptions. My guess is that working through a European Fisher dealer would be best, because...
*They appear to have a ton of dealers in Germany and also the Netherlands.