bautieri
Downtown Spanky Brown

Bikes: Motobecane Phantom Cross Pro Kona Lana'I

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Well that was embarassing

This afternoon I managed to mess up my front brakes. To be specific the anchor bolt that holds the front brake cable came loose then apart. I put the brake back together, tightened up the bolt and finished the commute home. After an hour or so tinkering with the bike I decide that I should take it to the shop as I wasn't getting the power to the front brake that I was before.

Some of you can probably sense where this is going.

I take it to the shop and after ten minutes of oogling a new FX 7.3 I am leaving. The mechanic who took care of me assured me my braking power was back. I rode the bike back to my car going 12 mph when I decide its time to stop so I can load it up. I grabbed my brakes with the force I was used to and sure enough the bike stopped...but I didn't. Straight up and over the bars I went: brunette, blond, then back again. Thankfully my head broke my fall. 1035 miles after starting I had my first accident...in the parking lot of the LBS. I got up and said "Ta-Da" put the bike in the car and drove off. I get home and decide I aught to ride the bike a bit and make sure its ok. Aftermath: a scratch on the chain stay, a gouge on the rear deralliure, a headache, sore shoulder, hurt pride, and the inability to shift into gear 6 or 7. I guess what I am saying to all new and perspective riders, dont feel bad when you go down, it happens to everyone.