View Single Post
Old 04-15-08, 11:52 AM
stapfam
Time for a change.

Location: 6 miles inland from the coast of Sussex, in the South East of England

Bikes: Dale MT2000. Bianchi FS920 Kona Explosif. Giant TCR C. Boreas Ignis. Pinarello Fp Uno.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by gharding
Yeah, he's definitely going to be involved, but I'm trying to get a feel for what's out there. I never really looked too deep into good comfortable bikes.

I have a Specialized Sirrus hybrid (the low end one, about $450 I think) and I didn't like it. Wasn't comfortable to me, and the parts were pretty low-end.

There has to be someone that makes a nice vintage-styled bike. Like basically what he has now, but.. new. All the current hybrids don't have that classy look to them.

And I REALLY doubt my dad would want anything with drops. Bad back, hernias, and he's more leisurely anyways (a nature guy, not a big sport guy).
Despite your reservations- Ride Before you decide.

A Lot of the hybrids are extremely comfortable. Bars like that are available but the Modern Straight bar is just as well positioned- "Ergonomically" to make for a good hand position. Think you may have problems with the saddle as Armchairs don't get used often nowadays. I wish I could pass it onto you in a sealed envelope so No- one can see what I am suggesting- But a Brooks saddle may be on the cards.

Spike Milligan