Old 04-17-08, 09:04 PM
bsyptak
Luggite

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Garage: 1 ,Waterford: 0

Yup, I'm a dumbass/idiot/moron/asshat. All the precautions I made forgotten on one fateful day last October as I was driving home from the car repair shop after getting reamed for $700 on a timing belt. Drove into the garage with the Waterford Cross on top. Destroyed in less time than it takes to blink. Make that $1600. Not a scratch to the house or garage.

Pre:

Major bummer for sure. I owned it approximately 18 months before I killed it. The top and downtube snapped immediately, preventing damage to the rest of the bike. The DA brifters took the initial hit, and only the little decorative silver caps on both sides are dented. Unbelievable that they still work and didn't shatter. Major props to Shimano on that one. Anybody that says to run barcons instead of brifters due to potential breakage needs to rethink that one. These things withstood a major direct hit. Called Waterford and it would have been about $1k to fix it. Well, I only paid $900 for the entire bike so hard to justify fixing a 12 year old frame. Plus, this one had a little rust in the tubes when I stripped it down. I wanted a new rustproof frame, thus,
Reborn:

Not quite as blue as she once was, but it'll do. Had to get a new FD, headset, stem and fork. The FD because the new seat tube is larger, the latter 3 because the old bike was 1" and threaded. Old bike was just under 21 lbs as I recall. 19.5 pounds as shown, a pound less with a set of road wheels & tires.