View Single Post
Old 04-18-08, 11:16 AM
stapfam
Time for a change.

Location: 6 miles inland from the coast of Sussex, in the South East of England

Bikes: Dale MT2000. Bianchi FS920 Kona Explosif. Giant TCR C. Boreas Ignis. Pinarello Fp Uno.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
You are not alone.
After 9 yearsof cycling- I was probably at the fittest I had been for 20 years. Training for a big ride so 65 miles offroad with a very fit mate and at the end- I just said to him- Lets do one more hill. All I got from him was a groan. Following weekend and a Very fast 25 miler offroad and I stayed up with the leaders half my age. Following weekend and metric on the road that I did every year and the first 30 miles was uphill. Got there in the quickest time I had ever done it. Last 35 was still hilly but took longer as I had to wait for my fit mate again- but 4 hours for a metric on a mountain bike on a very hilly course.

So I was fit. Then going into work on the wednesday- Got stuck in a traffic jam. Sat there for an hour and Got bad indigestion. 3 months later and a triple bypass.

If it is in your genes- you will have a cholesterol problem. Nothing to do with your diet- your fitness or how much you exercise.

And 3 months after getting the plumbing sorted out- did a 40 miler that if I had known how hard it was- I would have trained for. So even a bypass doesn't finish your cycling activities either.

Spike Milligan