Old 04-19-08, 05:05 PM
baj32161
Behind EVERYone!!!

Bikes: 2010 Specialized Tricross Comp 105 Double

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Liked 96 Times in 29 Posts
My first ride since Lancaster last summer...

Well I have been waiting for this day since August 20th of last year. That was the day of the Lancaster Covered Bridges Metric Century ride where I had my foot go on the fritz. That was the last time I had been on my bike.....until this morning/afternoon. I got out at about 9:30 this morning and threw my bike on the NJTransit RiverLine train and headed down to Philadelphia and Kelly Drive out to Valley Forge....I didn't make it all the way out there, but it really didn't matter. I was out on my bike for the first time in almost 8 months and it felt GREAT. I didn't even care that at mile 17 my left leg (the leg where my disfigured foot is) cramped up on me. I had to put my bike on a SEPTA bus and ride the bus back into Center City and go home. I had decided before then to turn around and head back anyway so it was all good. All in all I had a wonderful time, so much so that the people who saw me must have thought I was a madman from the grin I had on my face. I had a slight bonus on the ride as they were having the collegiate regatta on the Schuylkill River so I got to sit and watch some of that, while speaking to a rather attractive 34 yr old female rollerblader. It was a glorious day, indeed. I want to thank everyone in BF who sent along their good wishes during my recovery. I am truly thankful to know, and to have met so many fine folks, such as yourselves. I wasn't proud to be a cyclist today (my performace wouldn't let me be) but I felt fortunate....very fortunate to be able to keep doing it after 2 bouts of foot surgery in last 8 months.

You all rock!!!

Cheers,

Brian

(That's Navin to you Beth)

BTW...My Brooks Imperial saddle review will be posted in the appropriate thread in C&V.

― Bruce Lee